Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Surgical Outcomes and Blogs
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Surgical Outcomes and Blogs Discuss Findings from my Lumbar CT in the Main forums forums; Hi All, I am still dealing with pain in both hips, my butt and across my lumbar spine. The most ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 09:53 PM

Default Findings from my Lumbar CT

Hi All,
I am still dealing with pain in both hips, my butt and across my lumbar spine. The most bothersome symptom is the lack of ability to walk upright for more than a few minutes, like 2 min. since my last surgery in August of 2012 and Sept of 2012.
I had a recent Ct which stated a disc spacer prosthesis is present at L4-L5 , with subsidence of the prosthesis into the superior end plate by a distance of 5 mm. What type of problem does this cause.
I also have chronic compression fractures of L2 and L4. Left convex lumbar curvature.
Please explain if you can,
thanks,
judy
My doc is considering anterior surgery, maybe,i will only go for it if it can improve my walking or get me off morphine. both would be awesome!

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot
2012 Revision fusion T-12 thru L5
2012 Revision fusion L4-L5
Old 05-17-2013, 07:24 PM

Default reply

Judy,
I dunno.. I'm leary of too many surgeries. Getting off morphine would be great. Realistic who knows given your extensive spinal history. Walking upright .. that'd be great and I so wish that will happen for you.

I never thought I'd have a problem walking related to my feet. Sometimes some really strange stuff comes out of nowhere even when we are hoping and prepared for things to be better as a direct result of a specific surgery we are doing.

I am truly of the belief that less is more with regard to surgeries tho that's based on my own experience which still doesn't mean I'd not have more surgery.

If you are planning more surgery please allow yourself the time your body needs to recover whatever amount of time that might be. We just can't rush or push these things.

Now I do hope you'll get a more educated answer to your questions vs. my opinions/recommendations!