Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Surgical Outcomes and Blogs
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Surgical Outcomes and Blogs Discuss jimboy Prodisc, L2-3 in the Main forums forums; Originally Posted by jimboy on May 21, 2004 AGE AT SURGERY DATE:51 SURGEON: Dr. Bertagnoli SURGERY LOCATION/CLINIC:Rudolfinerhaus, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2008, 06:21 PM

Default jimboy Prodisc, L2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboy on May 21, 2004
AGE AT SURGERY DATE:51

SURGEON: Dr. Bertagnoli

SURGERY LOCATION/CLINIC:Rudolfinerhaus, Vienna

DEVICE(s), LEVEL(s):Prodisc, L2-3

COST =
AMOUNT BILLED:21,500 Euros
INSURANCE ALLOWED:Nada
OUT OF POCKET:21,500 Euros
TRAVEL:frequent flyer free ticket
EXPLANATIONS?

ONSET OF LUMBAR PROBLEMS, DATE OF INJURY, CAUSE, ETC...:I have had back pain for 15 years or so but could keep it in check with abdominal exercises and stretching. I had an unsuccessful IDET in 2000 at the L4-5 level. For the last 2 years my condition was becoming debilitating and I have been on daily pain meds.

PRIOR SPINE SURGERIES AND PROCEDURES (IDET, ESI, etc...):IDET, 2000

PRE-OP MEDICATIONS:Ultracet

PRE-OP DIAGNOSTICS (discogram, nerve root blocks, etc...): DDD in levels L2-S1

PRE-OP NEUROPATHIES (what, where, & degree of pain, numbness, tingling, sexual/bladder/bowel symptoms, etc.):Lower back pain, never leg or buttock pain.

PRE-OP CONDITION (Please include %leg pain/% back pain, pain levels, type of pain, ability to work and function, disability status, etc.... be direct, but be as verbose as you need to):
I was having trouble sleeping through the night, I would take my pain medication immediately after waking and lay on my back with my feet elevated on a chair until noon. I could function the rest of the day, however I was very limited as to what I could do. There was no question in my mind that I was ready to try ADR surgery.
TIME POST-OP AT ORIGINAL POST HERE:6 weeks

DESCRIBE YOUR SURGICAL EXPERIENCE:I was very impressed with the whole staff at the Rudolfinerhaus. Dr. Bertagnoli did a discogram on me the morning of my surgery and I think it is very important that he did because his findings were different than the 2 previous discograms that I had in the States. I believe it is a big advantage when the same surgeon that preforms the surgery also does the discogram!!!!! This is usually not the case in the USA and I would really urge anyone considering ADR to pick an EXPREIENCED surgeon with lots of ADR surgeries under his or her belt.

RATE FUNCTIONALITY / SATISFACTION AT INTERVALS BELOW:

FUNCTIONALITY:
1. Very poor: much worse... disabled after surgery.
2. Poor: worse after surgery.
3. Neutral: No improvement, or improvements offset by new problems.
4. Fair, some improvement, limitations are still serious.
5. Good, substantial improvement, some limitations.
6. Excellent: no limitations.

SATISFACTION:
1. Very sorry I had the surgery.
2. Somewhat sorry I had the surgery.
3. Too soon to tell, or I'm ambivalent about the surgery.
4. I'm somewhat glad I did my surgery.
5. I'm very glad I did my surgery.

FUNCTIONALITY: __5_ SATISFACTION: _5__ [6 WEEKS POST-OP]

FUNCTIONALITY: __5_ SATISFACTION: _5__ [3 MONTHS POST-OP]

FUNCTIONALITY: __6_ SATISFACTION: __5_ [6 MONTHS POST-OP]

FUNCTIONALITY: ___ SATISFACTION: ___ [1 YEAR POST-OP]

FUNCTIONALITY: ___ SATISFACTION: ___ [2 YEARS POST-OP]

6 WEEKS POST-OP - DESCRIBE LIFESTYLE / PAIN / MEDICATIONS / NEUROPATHIES / ECT... (discuss surgery induced symptoms [leg pain?]):
I am off my pain meds and taking a 3 mile walk every day to regain my srength and mobility
3 MONTHS POST-OP - DESCRIBE LIFESTYLE / PAIN / MEDICATIONS / NEUROPATHIES / ETC... (discuss surgery induced symptoms [leg pain?]):

6 MONTHS POST-OP - DESCRIBE LIFESTYLE / PAIN / MEDICATIONS / NEUROPATHIES / ETC... (discuss surgery induced symptoms [leg pain?]):

1 YEAR POST-OP - DESCRIBE LIFESTYLE / PAIN / MEDICATIONS / NEUROPATHIES / ETC... (discuss surgery induced symptoms [leg pain?]):

2 YEARS POST-OP - DESCRIBE LIFESTYLE / PAIN / MEDICATIONS / NEUROPATHIES / ETC... (discuss surgery induced symptoms [leg pain?]):
Waiting for an update from jimboy.