View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindylou View Post
Steve, I truly am sorry for the predicament you are finding yourself in. I think the prior person raised a valid point that the two surgery options here and abroad likely have differing levels of expertise for what they are going to do, hence price point differences. Boy, I think if I were in your situation, all things considered, I would make every attempt to go back to Dr. B and let him do the revision. He knows your body intimately from the first surgery and he is so trained in this type of complicated surgery. He might see something else while he is in there and adjust the treatment even then. I do know money can and ultimately always is a huge consideration. Me personally? I'd live in a tent, just to be pain-free. No joke. I will keep you in my prayers in these days and weeks ahead while you make your final decision. My very best wishes to you whatever you do.

Cindylou

Well, the way Im seeing it is that as long as Im going to one of the heavy hitter US docs, I should do fine. I went to Dr B initially because he is the multi level ADR guru and there were so many successful outcomes posted with him, and he has done so many of them while the US docs have done so few. It was a no brainer. But what I need done now is a BASIC fusion, and really, that is not a complicated procedure right? And extracting a disc shouldnt be either as long as you go with a reputable heavy hitter US doc. Dr bitan seems to have done many ADR extractions and Mark speaks very highly of him also. My local doc , dr peloza is also a heavy hitter (he was in newsweek, on german Sat TV and local TV alot), and Mark feels he would be a very good option also.
I think the US options (hardware/procedures) for fusion will be sufficient. Im not a "complicated " case anymore. Even Mark, who many have accused of being too heavily favored towards Dr B, hasnt suggested that I really need to go back to Dr B for the b est possible outcome.

Anyways, this is my take.

Im going to trust Dr peloza's opinion tommorrow when I speak with him. Mark said Dr B was going to call Dr peloza this week prior t o my visit. Dr Peloza is one guy I really feel will shoot me straight. He is really very conservative and doesnt come across as a guy who is looking for business. He never even suggested ADR, I think he would have suggested fusion if I had stayed with him. If he thinks I really am better off going back to Dr B due to better cages/fusion procedures or because he did the original ADR's, then Ill follow his advice. Ill be asking Dr peloza many of these type questions tommorrow.

9/22/09 -Dr B opened me up to find a staph infection was eating my vertebrae causing ADR subsidence. Had to remove all 3 ADR's and convert to 3 level fusion. Mostly pain free 2 weeks post op.

9/20/10 - I think I jinxed myself. As soon as I told dr b and dr Sullivan I was doing well (on 6/1/10) I tanked and have experienced the return of pain. My neuro says the new pain is at t4.

Last edited by steve55; 05-29-2009 at 02:44 AM.