View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 07:08 PM

Hey man, you need to relax. Stress is a killer, especially when complicated by your other health problems/concerns.

It's perfectly normal to worry about every little thing. We all do and will probably be concerned until living in a small urn or 6 feet under but living this way constantly will get you to that urn much faster.

If you don't know relaxation techniques, I suggest you learn them very fast. Try slow deep breathing while thinking about your body parts and relaxing them. Go to your happy place.

I realize how difficult it is to try to change your reactions to life but I truly believe you have no choice. Putting forth a daily effort will effect change. Two ideas that have helped me are; 'Don't sweat the small stuff' and 'if it's not important five years from now, it's probably not important now'.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. You're very intense and though perhaps justified, stopping to smell the roses is too. Try smiling or laughing at the ridiculous.

BTW, glad your mom's back in Alabama. She seems to push your buttons. and don't worry about the rambling. It paints your picture and we're all good listener.

Sending you calming vibes, Dale