View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 12:52 AM

Default Update

Well, some potentially Awesome news! Dr John regan, of Beverly Hills, CA called me Sunday evening at 9pm and we spoke for about 10 minutes. He knew I was about to pull the trigger with Dr Bitan Monday morning for $15K and he said he can do it for $10,000!! (Plus they will also get 70% of my Humana payout for the fusion costs). His billing assistant is working with the hospital side and contacting humana to confirm his Quote. Its supposed to include all fees such as hospital fees, anesthesiologist , his fees, ...the whole shabang. I told him how much I appreciated that and thanked him for taking the time to call me, something very few doctors would do, especially the heavy hitters, Im sure they are busy enough as it is. Of course, it was a result of my urging Mark to contact him for me and ask him to call me. So Mark finally did come through for me in arranging this connection. We'll see if it comes to fruition. I should hear back by tommorrow. My aunt lives in Beverly hills so it would be kind of nice to have her available to watch over me after the surgury. I planned on sticking with Dr Bitan, after all, he was quick with his responses. But $5,000 is a HUGE difference!! And Dr Regan was very cordial on the phone similar to Dr Bitan. So, why would I not save $5,000?

Thanks for all the support everyone. I hope my experience will be of benefit for future patients who are facing ADR revisions.

9/22/09 -Dr B opened me up to find a staph infection was eating my vertebrae causing ADR subsidence. Had to remove all 3 ADR's and convert to 3 level fusion. Mostly pain free 2 weeks post op.

9/20/10 - I think I jinxed myself. As soon as I told dr b and dr Sullivan I was doing well (on 6/1/10) I tanked and have experienced the return of pain. My neuro says the new pain is at t4.

Last edited by steve55; 06-03-2009 at 01:45 AM.