View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 02:21 PM

Runner, you're still on for July 7th right? I'm thinking of you. Last year I had my L6-S1 fusion on July 2nd, and watched the fireworks from my room on the 4th. I'll likely not forget where I spent that 4th of July holiday for years to come. And neither will you!

Frankly, I am just so relieved for you that "an answer" and a "solution" have been found. I think that is about the most maddening thing, besides the pain, is the doctors NOT KNOWING. You definitely begin to realize that medicine is not an exact science when you become one of it's statistics.

Well, your time is near, my dear, and you have my well wishes and all the prayers I can muster for a successful outcome. You are way overdue. Believe me when I say I get it. But I am just now turning a corner after all these surgeries and that is my hope and prayer for you as well.

God bless you Runner,

Cindylou
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.

Last edited by Cindylou; 06-30-2009 at 12:02 PM. Reason: spelling