View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 04:30 AM

Default Also

Forgot to add,....Kudos to dr Regan getting me in so fast!! I only confirmed my surgery date yesterday. As busy as he is, Im thinking they must have made a special exception to get me in so fast. Part of my conversation with dr Regan that Sunday night was that I was also weighing how fast he, dr bitan, or Bertagnoli could get me in. He said it would only take 2 weeks. Given it's been 2 weeks already, he must have wanted to honor his initial quote in that regard also. Im just speculating of course. I'm really appreciating how dr Regan is keeping to his word in every way. I really have to think he is pulling strings in costs and date, he is to popular to be having such immediate surgery dates available. Just my thinking.

Oh, and I go in to my local family doctor tommorrow morning for all my prelab tests.

I still can't believe I'm having complete ADR meltdown in two discs. Ughhhh!!! Why me??? I went to the best!! I haven't read any of dr b's cervical, or lumbars having subsidence issues and I read maybe 30-50 patient stories. I'm that 1 dam outlying statistic I guess. And hell I got strong bones, I played football junior high through high school, played c league ice hockey, I motor crossed and had many wipe outs. NEVER have I broken a bone! And ive drank 2 gallons of milk per week throughout my life. But for some dam reason my spine bones must be like soft puddy. Well, at least I don't have cancer right? That's how I manage to stay positive. I'd rather have spine surgery than so many other diseases Im darn glad I don't have. The sugery itself doesn't bother me much, it's the fear of not fusing properly or not becoming pain free afterwards that scares me. I've heard too many people still in pain up to 6 mo to years after fusion. On the positive side, dr b did a absolute terrific job on cleaning up my nerves. After all, dr b did specifically mention that my normally 3 hour surgery took 6.5 hours due to his having to free up my nerves. I was 100% pain free for about a week until this subsiding disc started hurting me.

9/22/09 -Dr B opened me up to find a staph infection was eating my vertebrae causing ADR subsidence. Had to remove all 3 ADR's and convert to 3 level fusion. Mostly pain free 2 weeks post op.

9/20/10 - I think I jinxed myself. As soon as I told dr b and dr Sullivan I was doing well (on 6/1/10) I tanked and have experienced the return of pain. My neuro says the new pain is at t4.