View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 12:46 AM

Default SF docs??? now Doc wants second discogram!!

Hi everyone. I'm here in NYC seeing docs. Had one appt. last week and one tmrw. I am now thinking of doing surgery closer to home (SF)as people who I had somewhat counted on to help me here do not seem really available and the last thing I need to worry about is that in the recovery.

Two doctors agreed I should have the (sp)? anaylgesic discogram which was a bear to say the least. The doc here said he wants a provacative. Needless to say I was bummed out, who wants a second discogram???????

All say I will need a two level fusion. ADR is out due to bone density and facet arthritus. I've seen Dr. Berven at UCSF whom I like but want to ask if anyone has any other ideas about any surgeons who are great in the Bay area. If anyone has any ideas, can you let me know????

Thanks!

Dancing accident in 96. tried PT, acupuncture, pilates, pain mgmt. nothing worked. Epidurals, facet blocks, caudal blocks, discogram. Opiates for ten years, oral prednisone, toradol inj. & more.

Two level spinal fusion with BMS, cages, hardware. due to bone density problems from chemotherapy, they had to go in front and back. Surgery Nov. 6, 2010. So far no regrets.