Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss SF docs??? now Doc wants second discogram!! in the Main forums forums; Hi everyone. I'm here in NYC seeing docs. Had one appt. last week and one tmrw. I am now ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 12:46 AM

Default SF docs??? now Doc wants second discogram!!

Hi everyone. I'm here in NYC seeing docs. Had one appt. last week and one tmrw. I am now thinking of doing surgery closer to home (SF)as people who I had somewhat counted on to help me here do not seem really available and the last thing I need to worry about is that in the recovery.

Two doctors agreed I should have the (sp)? anaylgesic discogram which was a bear to say the least. The doc here said he wants a provacative. Needless to say I was bummed out, who wants a second discogram???????

All say I will need a two level fusion. ADR is out due to bone density and facet arthritus. I've seen Dr. Berven at UCSF whom I like but want to ask if anyone has any other ideas about any surgeons who are great in the Bay area. If anyone has any ideas, can you let me know????

Thanks!

Dancing accident in 96. tried PT, acupuncture, pilates, pain mgmt. nothing worked. Epidurals, facet blocks, caudal blocks, discogram. Opiates for ten years, oral prednisone, toradol inj. & more.

Two level spinal fusion with BMS, cages, hardware. due to bone density problems from chemotherapy, they had to go in front and back. Surgery Nov. 6, 2010. So far no regrets.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:08 AM

Oh no! I can put some nastier words in there, but will save it for private conversation.

I'm sorry things are not working out as hoped.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:05 PM

A second disco - not fun.

The fusion, look at it this way - at least insurance will cover it!
Old 06-26-2009, 06:33 AM

Hi There,
I live in bay area. I have an OS that practices at John Muir in walnut creek. I think he has an office in concord. I see him in Vallejo as he has an office there too. I think he is wonderful, very compasionate, and may be worth meeting. His name is Dr. Santi Rao. I used to work with him before I had back issues and I thought he was wonderful to his patients and a great surgeon. When it became evident I needed surgery I had my husband research and find where he had moved to. I am so glad I did.

I hope you find someone close to home....surgery is only half the battle...recovery and a support system is imperative!