View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 04:16 PM

Hi Sharon,

Welcome to the forum. We've been there, done that and understand your pain and circumstances. I don't know where you live that you had to wait a year for treatment but if possible, it's now time to seek another opinion, possibly more than one. You're in pain and depressed. Enough already. Depending on your very specific diagnosis, there is probably help out there for you. Getting that help presents its own problems though. You need to become proactive in your own treatment and this is a good place to begin your education.

If I read correctly, you had a herniation with surgery in '07, followed by involvement of a second level by '08. I'm assuming the levels were S1/L5 and then L4/5 but that isn't necessarily a given. So what levels were involved? Did you have a discectomy? A second discectomy? Do you have a current MRI? If not, that needs to be done, the sooner the better. That is your first step. Once you have a current diagnosis, you can then ask questions related to your condition.

I know you're hurting but and we're here to help. Where you live, your medical insurance, your finances - all play a roll in how this is tackled. Please let us know your circumstances.

Dale