View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 05:12 AM

Default I read this on Spine Health

I read this on Spine Health...

Turbodog wrote:
It's been 7 months since my ADR surgery in Germnay it's winter here Reno/Tahoe and i have been hitting the slopes hard. "I'M BACK" droping 25' cliffs on 55deg slopes I had some really good wipeouts at Christmas I did a head plant earning me 7 stitches in my lip. What I realize is that my implants are very durable " They can take a licking" I still feel great I'm ready for more. If I had been fused my head would have broken off. On another note the FDA is clueless they are broken like the rest of our government. I'm presently in the appeals proccess with my insurance to be reimbursed for my out of pocket expence of the surgery.I'll keep posting any questions please feel free to contact me.

Hello I was asked some questions.Answers:

(1) My disc are the Spinal Kinetics M6

(2) I had levels c5-c6 c6-c7 replaced (2)

(3) Regarding the fusion option they wanted to fuse c6-c7 c5-c6 and c4-c5 the reason the U.S. docs wanted to include c4-c5 aswell is becouse of the added stress of fusion. The German docs felt that c4-c5 level was not in bad enough shape to replace with a Adisc.

(4) The cost was 27,000eu included everything and hotelsI just had to pay for flights extra.If I had the fusion option here in the U.S. it was estimated around $150.000.00 GO FIGURE

Here is the link... ADR or ACDF

Im sold on this....

Is it 2 good two be True? He had a 2 level..
C4-5: Mild disc height loss with central annular fissure. Small broad-based left paracentral disc protrusion. Moderate central canal stenosis-the disc protrusion abuts and mildly flattens the left ventral surface of the spinal canal.

C5-6: Disc desiccation with mild height loss.Diffuse discosteophyte bulge and uncovertebral joint hypertrophy, moderate central canal stenosis- Severe neuroforaminal stenosis bilaterally, right greater than left.