View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 10:59 PM

Default Update

Thanks for your concern everyone : )

And Katie, no offense taken. LOL. never crossed my mind, your post was perfectly fine.

Well, what can I say? I never heard from Dr B or Dr Guyer. I emailed Dr fenk Meyere about 9 days ago too. Just waiting to confirm Dr B got me the green light to se eDr Guyer at the TBI. But so far, nothing, no contact whatsoever. : (

I called Mark around last Thursday. He was to email Dr guyer himself since Mark is in tight with him. I have emailed mark for updates monday and Today. Still standing by to see what Mark found.

I told Dr B the cold shoulder I got from Dr Ziglar's receptionist and that based on the comment I got, I had my doubts. But Dr B was absolutely 100% convinced he could get me in with Dr Guyer. We'll see.

Regarding my comfort level, well, I have a deep penetrating dull pain that mostly affects me in the evenings. With or without Ibuprofen, its still uncomfortable. It doesnt bother me too bad in the days, but evenings, it really gets to me. If I had to decide today, I would have the revision to fusion. But with pain killers, I can get by ok at nights and still give this time to potentially resolve on its own. But I really want to get in for a 2nd opinion. I need a doc who can order my MRI or CT scan etc so I can have Dr Regan and Dr Guyer give me their opinion on a wait and see approach. Dr Fenk Meyer's original email made it sound risky by waiting, harder revision by waiting. But now Dr B says otherwise. I want to confirm which is correct ASAP. Im still way better off now than I was pre surgery.For example, if I had to live my life with this level of pain, I could. Pre surgery, I didnt want to live. It was constant hell. Pain level in the evenings now is maybe 3. Pain level pre surgery in the evenings was 7-9.

9/22/09 -Dr B opened me up to find a staph infection was eating my vertebrae causing ADR subsidence. Had to remove all 3 ADR's and convert to 3 level fusion. Mostly pain free 2 weeks post op.

9/20/10 - I think I jinxed myself. As soon as I told dr b and dr Sullivan I was doing well (on 6/1/10) I tanked and have experienced the return of pain. My neuro says the new pain is at t4.