View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 01:56 AM

Default Update

Well, Mark called yesterday to touch base. Apparently he has been overwhelmed with his own medical issues as of late which is why it's taken him a while to get back to me. He emailed Dr. B directly and he got a response! Dr. B says he is seeing Dr. Guyer tommorrow in a conference in Vienna at which time he will discuss my case with him. This is big and I can't imagine Dr. Guyer not taking me on if it's a face to face personal handoff! So this is good news after all. I still never heard back from dr b's team despite 2 emails, so it shows what how it pays to have mark on your team. I likely wouldn't have ever gotten the chance at such a discounted surgery with dr Regan if it wasn't for mark either. I may still need that option in the future.

My pain is really quite bothersome and keeps me miserable much of the time. It's like it is affecting my whole nerve system deep down. I feel like i can sense that the culprtit is the C6/7 not the higher up levels. I want this ADR out, as long as this ADR removal and fusion has a good track record, I will do it rather than live like this for 5 months on a wait and see. Dr bitan in NY talked about it as a no risk no worry slam dunk procedure, but mark and even dr b seemed not quite that assured. Dr b did say fusion is a generally safe procedure but he just pointed out the fact that anything can happen.

Ibuprofen and alleve don't do much for me right now. Pain killers do though.

9/22/09 -Dr B opened me up to find a staph infection was eating my vertebrae causing ADR subsidence. Had to remove all 3 ADR's and convert to 3 level fusion. Mostly pain free 2 weeks post op.

9/20/10 - I think I jinxed myself. As soon as I told dr b and dr Sullivan I was doing well (on 6/1/10) I tanked and have experienced the return of pain. My neuro says the new pain is at t4.