View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 06:20 PM

I too am a redhead and have unusual and 'rare' side effects from drugs, sometimes even exact opposite effects. I've found holistic remedies worthwhile. I'd like to suggest both acupunture and a holistic doctor who may or may not be an MD. A word of caution though, just as in the medical community, quality and caring varies.

Also a book, Eating Right for Your Type, suggests those with chronic medical problems have something that can be described as blood allergies. The four types of blood are made up of sugars as are foods. Depending on your blood type, some food sugars do not agree with your blood sugars. As an example, when I stick to this diet, my asthma completely disappears. This also hypothosizes that pain and inflammation can be reduced when your blood is not at war. Though giving up foods that you love may be difficult, living with pain and the negative side effects of possible helpful drugs is so much worse.

Please understand that I was never a 'believer' until these things worked for me. Though I can understand the blood thing, it does make some sense, I was beyond skeptical about sticking needles in my skin for whatever remedy was needed. I still don't understand how raisins soaked in gin can diminish the pain of arthritis but it does. And even medical science agrees that cinnamon decreases blood sugar (which I put in my raisins to kill the taste of the gin)

I'd never advocate ceasing any medical care. But sometimes your personal solution may be elusive. Finding other options may be in your own best interest.

Good luck, Dale