View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 02:34 AM

Default Finally!!

Just got word from Dr Fenk Meyer as follows:

Quote:

Dr. Bertagnoli did communicate to Dr. Guyer and Dr. Ziglar – they are more than willing to have you in their unit at Texas Back Institute for the revision/fusion of your c67.

More so: Dr. Bertagnoli would like to and is welcome to be present in this surgery.

And as your pain did not come close to zero (in a spontaneous fusion this would have cut the need to re-operate), we recommend this to be done timely.

And I will support from over here with any medical issue open. Wishing you best success!
So, as Mark said, sometimes it takes an act of congress, and Dr Bertagnoli is the congress. LOL

I cant say enough about Dr Bertagnoli's concern in my case. Not to mention that not too many people get a free 45 minute follow up consult at the airport with the greatest surgeon in the world. And the fact he wants to be at my surgery is awesome too. Though, I wonder if he is just darn curious to see the disc for himself and see why it may have subsided? Im told Im the first case of cervical subsidence he has had. It probably also gives TBI more experience with ADR removal perhaps? I dont know, I would imagine TBI has done quite a few of those. Dr B seems to be traveling to TBI quite alot anyways, so I guess he figured why not since he goes there so often.

Either way, it means alot to me what he is doing for me and that counts for something. NOw I just want to get a MRI, a new X ray, and get Dr Guyer's opinion as to whether I should fuse now or hold off and wait and see just a little longer. I dont know what to do, I have improved in nerve pain but developed new pain in different areas along the way. I dont know if thats good or bad. I imagine a MRI and new X ray will really make the decison far easier for the docs and myself.

9/22/09 -Dr B opened me up to find a staph infection was eating my vertebrae causing ADR subsidence. Had to remove all 3 ADR's and convert to 3 level fusion. Mostly pain free 2 weeks post op.

9/20/10 - I think I jinxed myself. As soon as I told dr b and dr Sullivan I was doing well (on 6/1/10) I tanked and have experienced the return of pain. My neuro says the new pain is at t4.

Last edited by steve55; 07-27-2009 at 03:09 AM.