View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 01:47 AM

eoh,

I had little or no leg pain prior to my 3 level lumbar adr. I woke up unable to feel or move either of my legs. I was started on Neurontin immediately and within 3 days, severe hyper-sensitivity and burning began where anything even grazing either leg caused severe pain. My right leg began to respond and I was able to move it but my left leg, which still remains weak and somewhat sensitive, took another 6 months to support me without crutches. I took dialudid for 6 months as well as 3600mg of neurontin daily.

Pt strengthened my left leg but it is still limited. The sensitivity had diminished drastically, almost completely gone from my right leg and about 80% improved in my left. The upper, outside part of my left leg remains numb to the touch but painful when pressed too hard. My left shin cramps almost daily. My left ankle retains the highest sensitivity/burning - I try not to touch it at all. The only residual remants in my right leg is touching my thigh - I feel it 1-2 inches off.

At the end of the day, my left leg aches but the pain is tolerable with Celebrex or managable with something stronger.

I found some strength return with pt and the sensativity reduced with 6 months of acupuncture, 2-3 times weekly. If financially able, I would have continued the acupuncture.

Vitamin B12 is supposed to be beneficial.

You should have your pm order a nerve conduction test.

Also, please try a different acupunturist. I went to one years ago with absolutely no results. I was reluctant and an unbeliever. 15 months is a long time to suffer as you are. Results are slow, especially with the long term damage, but even today, I can't believe the difference. I was told I would have responded quicker if he got to me sooner.

Other than everything you mentioned, perhaps a neurologist is your best bet????

Good luck, Dale