View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 09:46 PM

Default Reply

Excellent point Bill. Im now starting to agree. I just spoke to mark about this and he kind of said the same thing in that there just aren't that many ADR removal cases out there. It is more important that the surgeon is good at the reconstructing part.

But now my delemma. How do I go about finding a good one that is in my Humana network? The Ortho I saw today is Donald Mackenzie. He is English and about 55-60 yrs old. He knows Regan (even told me to say hi for him when and if I do see Regan). But he did make the comment that if he had a spine problem , Regan would be the guy who he'd choose. But again, if what I need is pretty straight forward, basically a fusion, then cant any descent surgeon do the job? So, perhaps you are right, perhaps I dont need a "Big name" surgeon for what I need done.

9/22/09 -Dr B opened me up to find a staph infection was eating my vertebrae causing ADR subsidence. Had to remove all 3 ADR's and convert to 3 level fusion. Mostly pain free 2 weeks post op.

9/20/10 - I think I jinxed myself. As soon as I told dr b and dr Sullivan I was doing well (on 6/1/10) I tanked and have experienced the return of pain. My neuro says the new pain is at t4.