View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 11:56 PM

Default Update

Wow, I called into the physician asst (PA) and asked her if Dr Mignucci did ADR removals and how many prodiscs he has done. After all, I didnt want to wait 3 weeks only to find out that he didnt do these. Well She said he has done several on his own and has assitsed on several. I also advised the PA of my condition and that I had nerve pain and how it even hurt in the front of my shoulders to simply walk etc and that I was worried about potential permanent nerve damage by waiting 3 weeks in this condition. I advised that if the Doctor felt waiting 3 weeks to see me was going to be ok and that I was in no danger, that Id feel alot better about it. Well, she called me back and said he made time for me to come in on monday at 3pm!! WOW! So, Im in!! He surely knows I need this ADR out and it looks like he has no issues with doing the surgery. We'll see for sure this monday when I see him. But its looking more and more like these doctors simply resent a former patient going overseas for surgery once the patient has seen that doctor first. I guess its a slight to their egos. Many of them are sooo sensitive huh?

9/22/09 -Dr B opened me up to find a staph infection was eating my vertebrae causing ADR subsidence. Had to remove all 3 ADR's and convert to 3 level fusion. Mostly pain free 2 weeks post op.

9/20/10 - I think I jinxed myself. As soon as I told dr b and dr Sullivan I was doing well (on 6/1/10) I tanked and have experienced the return of pain. My neuro says the new pain is at t4.