View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 12:22 AM

Default Reply

Thx Dale.

Dr B has offered to perform/assist my surgery in Michigan but the doc who it would run through doesnt carry my insurance so it will be at least $6K. I can go to Regan for $10K. My concern is follow up. The doc who would be doing the procedure with dr B in MI , well, Im not sure how good he is and if something goes wrong or I need additional diagnosis, I think Dr Regan would be the better local option. Every doc I see here knows who Dr Regan is!! And that says something. Dr B is the master at inserting multi level ADR's, but now when it comes to removing them, well, I think Dr Regan may even have more experience than Dr B from the research I have done. And after talking to Mark again, Im back to believing that a ADR removal isnt so straight forward as I thought and that you wouldnt want just any ole doctor who has done a few to perform it. So, Im reconsidering having a "IN network" doc do this just to save a little money.

So, in conclusion, I am leaning heavily towards paying the $10K and getting this done with what is probably not only the most experienced ADR removal surgeon in the world, but probably also one of the best all around spine surgeons in the world. I know Dr B is also a great all around surgeon, but again, I want good follow up locally here in the USA. Dr B is mostly in Germany so it doesnt work so well. Ever since this DR Mignucci has told me my issues now go far deeper than just a ADR removal, Im back to seeking a all around expert, not just a ADR expert.

Lastly, Kudos to DR B who is really trying hard to get me on the books with him here in the US. It shows he has interest in fixing me. Thats a sign of a caring doctor. I know some say he should fix it for free liek stenum, and maybe those people who say that have a point. BUt at the very least, Dr B is concerned with my well being and has a desire to rectify the situation.

9/22/09 -Dr B opened me up to find a staph infection was eating my vertebrae causing ADR subsidence. Had to remove all 3 ADR's and convert to 3 level fusion. Mostly pain free 2 weeks post op.

9/20/10 - I think I jinxed myself. As soon as I told dr b and dr Sullivan I was doing well (on 6/1/10) I tanked and have experienced the return of pain. My neuro says the new pain is at t4.