View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 05:48 PM

Karim,

Hi and welcome. I'm sorry you're in pain. We all know what that feels like. I'm also sorry your doctor recommended nothing for your condition. You have a herniated disc in your lowest disc. A disc is the soft flexible tissue that cushions the space between two vertabrae and provides the flexibility in your spine. It sounds like this problem has been very long term.

There are no quick fixes. Physical therapy may be an option but it often does not help at all. Drugs can mask your pain and allow you to live more normally but you run the risk of further degeneration. A discectomy, a small surgery where the extruded part of the disc is cut away, may be a possibility but also may cause further degeneration of the disc above it as well as scar tissue that may interfere with future surgeries. Then there is the very invasive artificial disc replacement for which you may or may not be a candidate. It is also a drastic first step.

I know nothing about the health care system in Egypt but if you have pain management doctors, I would recommend one as the next professional you should see. Bring your MRI with you.

You also need to get educated and understand your condition before you can understand the various remedies available. And it also sounds like you have cervical (neck) issues too. Your finances may be an issue too.

Don't worry about your English, we understand what you're trying to say. I wish you luck and please keep us updated.

Dale