View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 01:37 AM

Default Mylogram

Looks like the vertebrae is too thin between the 2nd and 2rd disc huh? Thats why the surgeoin here in Dallas says it wont hold and both ADR's , possibly all three have to come out. (SIgh). He says heis so certain about that, that he wont do my surgery with only removing and fusing the C6/7. ANyways, Im just now waiting on mark to try to confirm a phone Consult with Dr Regan so I can see whose opinion seems more correct. Dr B just says I only need to replace the subsided disc and the remaining thin vertebrae will hold fine. The dallas surgeon says gotta remove the thin vertebrae between the last 2 as no way it will hold. I hope Dr B's recommendation is right, and if it is, I would think Dr Regan's opinion will match up.

9/22/09 -Dr B opened me up to find a staph infection was eating my vertebrae causing ADR subsidence. Had to remove all 3 ADR's and convert to 3 level fusion. Mostly pain free 2 weeks post op.

9/20/10 - I think I jinxed myself. As soon as I told dr b and dr Sullivan I was doing well (on 6/1/10) I tanked and have experienced the return of pain. My neuro says the new pain is at t4.