View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 04:52 AM

Default Reply

Well, I'm not at all offended by any of these opinionated posts. I did my homework prior to going with dr b. I saw way too many success stories to doubt his skills. I had a extremely hard time finding any negative outcomes on dr b. But somehow, I just had to be that rare statistic. I've been telling mark all along that I am leaning heavily with whatever dr Regan recommends. I got a quote of 23k for that surgery in MI with dr b for which I have a &6k deductible and a 70/30 out of network split. Also, dr b is not charging anything for his services. I believe syntheses is somehow reimbursing him something for the revision. Given that my humana reimburses at Medicare rates, it's likely I'll end up paying $15k or more to go this route. Dr Regan's quote has already confirmed $10k out of pocket after doing the preauthorization with my insurance. I guess I'm still leaning heavily with dr Regan. Mark is almost done uploading my images after which he will email dr Regan for me so I can get a phone consultation lined up, then maybe a surgery date.

9/22/09 -Dr B opened me up to find a staph infection was eating my vertebrae causing ADR subsidence. Had to remove all 3 ADR's and convert to 3 level fusion. Mostly pain free 2 weeks post op.

9/20/10 - I think I jinxed myself. As soon as I told dr b and dr Sullivan I was doing well (on 6/1/10) I tanked and have experienced the return of pain. My neuro says the new pain is at t4.

Last edited by steve55; 09-02-2009 at 04:57 AM.