View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 06:46 PM

Hi Kathy,

It's been awhile since we heard from you and I'm glad you're doing well.

As a non-exercizer and one who doesn't like to sweat, I know what I should be doing and so do you. It's hard to get motivated but something we both need to confront and get going. Stretching is equally as important.

I was first diagnosed as a 4 level but my non-anesthetized discogram revealed L2/3 as a non pain generator. I believe it became one and as my pain began to interfere with my level of activity I knew I had to do something about it. Currently, anymore back surgeries are not my option!!!

I just started Pilates a month ago and already regret not doing so much earlier. I don't mind saying this is not within my comfort level but these slow and controlled movements are designed to maximize core strength and for the first time in about 6 years, I sat through a movie in relative comfort. (I highly recommend Julie and Julia)

Nobody but you can make you get up and go to pt. I'm older than you and have come up with many more excuses but we both know they are excuses.

One more thing - I think it can be dangerous quitting Lyrica cold turkey. Starting and stopping should be gradual. And if you're truly unhappy with your pm doctor, either tell him or find another one. More than just functioning is not an unrealistic desire.

Keep up the good work, Dale