View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 10:12 PM

Default Insults and innuendo

Okay, I asked a new thread be started so I’m doing it. Damn, I don't know why I feel it so necessary to respond but… I’m referring to what I call negative posts. It is not my opinion now, nor ever, to restrict a free exchange of ideas and even criticisms.

I called for the banning of Bob, trkdoc714, because his posts contain insults and innuendo. I referred to Kathy’s comment that mean statements hurt and though directed to her own experiences, it still is generically applicable. Specifically, those statements to which I refer are "a non-GPN network surgeon" and "and his medical tour guide" in his two most recent posts.

It is these one-liners that I find offensive and insulting and why I suggested Bob be banned. I had privately asked this same consideration of him awhile ago but to no avail. FYI, there are no network surgeons and Mark is not a medical tour guide - for anyone. No one is ever forced or coerced to use his services. He doesn't place a hex on you or wish you anything evil if you choose not to.

If you care to go back and read some of Bob's 'recent' posts, you'll find similar mean spirited and spiteful statements hidden in his 'caring' posts. The inclusion of these remarks negates any positive intent, however otherwise stated. This was and is my basis for asking he be banned. The omitting of these snippets is all I ask. If he doesn't include these hurtful or nasty comments, which serve no purpose, then I have no problem. Until then, I don't feel a public forum should contain this type of inflammatory remark.

And just for the asking, does anyone else find these very deliberate affronts acceptable? Would you find them objectionable if directed at you? Am I alone and unreasonable in which case I humbly apologize to both the members of this forum and Bob and ask your forgiveness?

Dale

Mark, if you think I'm out of line, please delete this!