View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 11:49 PM

Default Update

Well, the Nuerosurgeon I saw today (who has limited ADR experience but is well known and also listed in Dallas D magazine as one of the top neurosurgeons in Dallas) says that He Strongly disagrees with Dr Mignucci's opinion of removing all 3 ADR's and doing a corpedectemy. He said that doing that is a unecessary worse case reccomendation and 3 level fusions are rarely reccommended. He also disagrees with Dr Mignucci's belief that my vertebrae (between C5/6 & C6/7) is too thin to hold ADR's. He does say I have some degree of osteoarthritis but its not too bad and it should be fine to hold teh ADR's. He also said 7 months is still not long enough to say I wont improve by waiting, but also didnt disagree with getting that C6/7 fixed for now with surgery. He said just revise the obvious subsiding tilted C6/7 ADR or remove it and fuse. Regarding my concern with the frozen top ADR , he says even if the top ADR isnt functioining, its perfectly fine as it will act the same as a fusion would.

And to answer Kathy;s question, yes Im in pain, level 2 in the day, level 5 many evenings. Its a dull deep type pain in my C6/7 area, not to mention 40% numb fingers in my right hand and that creepy sensation I sometimes get that my hands and arms are trying to go numb on me also. But Im wayyyy better now than pre surgery.

9/22/09 -Dr B opened me up to find a staph infection was eating my vertebrae causing ADR subsidence. Had to remove all 3 ADR's and convert to 3 level fusion. Mostly pain free 2 weeks post op.

9/20/10 - I think I jinxed myself. As soon as I told dr b and dr Sullivan I was doing well (on 6/1/10) I tanked and have experienced the return of pain. My neuro says the new pain is at t4.