Thread: prodisc-L L4-L5
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2007, 12:54 PM

well it's been a long time since you all received a update.
here we go it's been 6 months and 2 weeks since surgery in Bogen Germany. a dear friend writing me a email update kinda reminded me it was time for a update i am so pleased to hear of Jessica's progress she's doing very well. as she had her surgery a few days before i had mine in Straubing Germany.
as far as myself i still am working 8 hrs aday on my feet all day. and at this point my back is 100% zero to no pain there. i can lift bend move etc.. with no problems.
now the feet on the other hand are still giving me a little grief still have numbness in my feet mostly after removing my shoes after work and when first getting into bed. i have reduced my neurontin by 800mgs a day. so i take 400mgs morning and afternoon and them 800mgs at bed time. without suffering so thats a diff improvment.
i also still have on my left shin a hyper sentive spot that can be pretty painfull.
the distraction pain in my feet is still improving very slowly but hey as long as its still doing better each week i'm not going to whin to much.
i have contacted pro-spine and was told this is in the normal range of recovery. and nerves can take 2 years to fully recover. as nerves only grow 1mm a month and the 25mm i grew was all LOST disc height. so i am in for the long haul.
anyone needing help please feel free to email me. as i will be glad to help.
also i want to send out well wishes for everyone whom has upcoming surgerys david kim's husband sean and everyone else i may have missed.
i have no regrets.
chuck
facet block neg
lost all appeals BCBS 5 months of that
3 surgeons later
surgery with dr. bertagnoli aug 2nd 2006 in Bogen Germany Successfully ProDisc-L L-4 L-5