View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 11:31 PM

Default Update

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

Today has been better. Im able to sit at he computer for hours with no worsening of symptoms or neck pain. I did some walking and noticed I was able to walk with less of a limp. IN fact, it seems to me that I could already go back to work at 10 days post op if necessary. BUt no need to rush it even if I am feeling well enough to do so.

Katy, here is one link:
Cervical Herniated Disc Symptoms and Treatment Options

The nuerosurgical nurse said the C1/2 & C2/3 discs are constructed differently thus they rarely ever have issues. Ill see if I can google some articles on that as I didnt save them.

Here is another one that really specifically says that the thoracic and the upper two cervicals are very rare anbd unlikely disc herniation candidates. I felty so much better after learning of this. I hope Im done with these disc issues for life since I have taken care of the most common culprits.

Wapedia - Wiki: Spinal disc herniation

You can just google "cervical levels most likely to degenerate" and you can read these type articles.

9/22/09 -Dr B opened me up to find a staph infection was eating my vertebrae causing ADR subsidence. Had to remove all 3 ADR's and convert to 3 level fusion. Mostly pain free 2 weeks post op.

9/20/10 - I think I jinxed myself. As soon as I told dr b and dr Sullivan I was doing well (on 6/1/10) I tanked and have experienced the return of pain. My neuro says the new pain is at t4.

Last edited by steve55; 10-01-2009 at 11:43 PM.