View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 01:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to Eddie G

Hang in there. Alot of us feel the same way you do. Try to keep a positive attitude if nothing else. Ask alot of questions and bring a notepad or a sweety* to the Dr. because alot of the spine info can be overwhelming and complicated. My doctor tries different drugs with me all the time, even antidepressants that work on "substance P". I finally settled on Neurontin, Oxycontin, TENS unit, massage therapy, occasional Valium, and medical marijuana and I'm still in horrible pain. I spend most of the time in my queen size hospital bed with my Playstation so that distraction helps too. I can kinda function to a point and l am still able to drive the 4 minutes to the diner frequently just to get out of the house. One of my issues is that my artificial disc is auto-fusing but we dont know for sure if thats the pain generator, only that it's happening.
Maybe they'll figure out Substance P someday.

If your biggest problem is waiting for doctors & tests, fishing for a pain generator, trust me it could be worse. You could be having to deal with insurance companies trying to screw you over and the stress of that is not gonna make your back feel any better.

Or you could be like my friend who has 95% spine blockage and injects Morphine in her tummy all day while her husband complains that she's not cooking his dinner. Ugh.

It could always be worse!

Keep yer chin up.

Have a stiff upper lip.

Buck up litte camper.

* = wife, girlfriend, or both.
Epidurals and facet injections
5/15/06 Discogram confirmed L4-L5 DDD also an asymptomatic L5-S1 tear
10/24/06 L4-L5 Prodisc surgery with Dr. Goldstein
CAT scans & X-Rays show ossification
Trigger Point Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Acupuncture, Weekly Deep Tissue Massage
10/27/08 Discogram (positive L5-S1)
11/25/08 L5-S1 fusion with Dr. Goldstein
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC

Last edited by Eddie G; 10-21-2009 at 01:32 AM.