View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 10:15 PM
Administrator

Chuck... thanks for posting the update from Larry. Have him contact me... sounds like my kind of person.

Dale... many of us don't know better than to start testing the products very early. It used to drive my neighbors crazy when I was 2 months post-op riding my bike with 2 yellow labs on leash... or better yet... rollerblading around the neighborhood with both dogs on leash. (backwards was best)

All kidding aside, knowing what I know now, I would not do those things so early. Yes, there is too much at risk. However, once the healing is complete, I think that we all must make our own risk assessment, do what we will and live with the consequences. If you feel that skydiving or ice climbing is too much... then by all means don't do it. Learning a new sport that will involve a lot of trauma might not be the best of things for a post-op patient, but if you are already an expert skier or skydiver... you know what you are in for... you know how to manage the risks.... and again... you accept the consequences of your actions.

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org