View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 12:47 AM

I hear you Maria but there are two sides to the wc coin. And this is very definitely a hot topic.

As an employer from '76-'96, our wc premiums had skyrocketed and were out of control. Claims were paid regardless of their legitimacy. Reform was urgently needed which came about after we sold our business. I'm told by the new owners the system is far from perfect but much more reasonable and affordable and fraudulent claims are finally being denied...as are legitimate ones. Two different friends had to get an attorney involved before wc would pay for their injuries. You too are also dealing with instituted by our system of government.

Kind of like the definition of a living wage is dependent on if you're paying it out or receiving it!

Katie; our health care system is very definitely broken and is dire need of reform. However, the history of a government run or mandating anything, especially in this country usually goes from broken to an outright fiasco. Time will tell.

Then again, if you've read too many of my previous posts, I sure do love those soap boxes

My best to all, Dale