View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 05:02 AM

Default 2 weeks counting

Thank you everyone. I am kind of amazed at how tired I still feel. They want me to walk a minimum of 15 minutes a day. Usually I can do more but afterwards I feel like I ran a full marathon.

I always wondered what the heck it felt like after a spinal fusion. For me, it's felt like someone pulled my legs out of the sockets. That probably sounds disgusting but to people who know pain, I know it won't make you flinch. That's what it feels like for me. I can't believe people take care of themselves after a week.

It's interesting...at this point, I really have no idea what my future life will be like, but I dream of doing things outdoors that I've missed doing since my accident. It's hard to know how much to push. I'm not pushing very much. I've had a break in pain today. It's gone down to about a level two or so which is a nice break. Hugs to all.

Dancing accident in 96. tried PT, acupuncture, pilates, pain mgmt. nothing worked. Epidurals, facet blocks, caudal blocks, discogram. Opiates for ten years, oral prednisone, toradol inj. & more.

Two level spinal fusion with BMS, cages, hardware. due to bone density problems from chemotherapy, they had to go in front and back. Surgery Nov. 6, 2010. So far no regrets.