View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 06:02 PM

Perhaps surgeons more than others think they're G-d but, trust me, it's not that exclusive a club. I had a horrific experience while pregnant with our second son - at the hands of two doctors who, IMHO, cared only about their own reverence.

As for bills being turned over to collections. Again, in my experience, once you report this doctor or hospital to the AMA or other governing agency, I have had no further billing issues. Please, please, please, this is a drastic step and stays on their file. I always start with a phone call, then a letter, a follow-up letter... and give them a chance to understand how and why I feel the way I do. It does take a little bit of living before you discover that their education makes them no better than you, just better educated. Learning to speak up for yourself is not easy, especially with a presumed authority figure...but a betrayed trust is inexcusable.

Just remember, this is a two way street. When you get exceptional service, from anyone, under any circumstances - speak up and let them know. When you speak from your heart, you can't go wrong.

Maria, your specimen experience is disgusting, pure and simple. Don't know what I'd do!

Whatever and whoever, have a great one!