Thread: Pharmacies
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 06:05 PM

Angry Pharmacies

I just need to vent here because no one else understands my anger.

Every month, I refill a myriad of prescriptions. No problem until Walgreens bought out our local pharmacy and our the the the 7 years they've been here, they got my monthly renewals correct a total of 5 times. Even as errors were brought to their attention, corrections were made only for the current month and had to be repeated and repeated and repeated. I finally gave up and decided to use their internet based service. Stupid me.

3 months ago I finally switched to CVS as there are no local pharmacies anywhere near here except in medical buildings -15-20 minutes away. First month, no problem - last month, they forgot to refill 2 scripts but did so quickly when I went to pick them up. This month - refilled the wrong ones, didn't order what they didn't have and want me to wait 1 1/2 weeks for my asthma inhaler to arrive with their 'regular shipment' after missing this weeks'.

I fax in my renewals and call them to make sure they recieved it. It's in black and white - what is wrong with these people? I just checked the internet and discovered no chain is considered good and all have dismal satisfaction ratings. I've looked into Costco (they also don't have a great satisfaction rating) but with insurance coverage, there's really no price difference and parking can be difficult. There are no local independents. I'm ready to scream - in fact, I have but it always lands on deaf ears.

These are professional health care workers. How difficult can it be to get it right?

Sorry, I'm just so frustrated. I don't feel I can do this month after month anymore but there seems to be no alternative.