Thread: prodisc-L L4-L5
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 10:58 AM

Default prodisc-L L4-L5

i wanted to thank everyone for there replys.
i am now 9 weeks 4 days postop. update goes as follows the major leg pain is getting better. my biggest problem at this point is when waking from bed my legs feel like there asleep apon waking this feeling used to last hrs now its down to under a hr. numb spot on my feet has moved to mainly the big toe. which is a good sign that its not going to be with me forever. but still is a pain in the butt as wearing shoes is the pitts and must wear socks to bed as my feet feels everything and will wake one up from a sound sleep. sat the 9/30 was my last day for avinza {time release morphine} which is a big step in the correct direction. i am still taken percocet and neruotin 1800mgs aday. also magnesium and b-12 flexarill. PT has helped a great deal as i had major problems with my legs after this procedure. as far as my back goes i have a slight back ache but that could be the PT as she is working on the back muscles now. so in general at this point i am pleased in having the procedure. and hope to return to work 2 days short of the 12 week mark. once i am back to normal work hrs then i should be able to state it was the best money i've ever spent.
chuck
facet block neg
lost all appeals BCBS 5 months of that
3 surgeons later
surgery with dr. bertagnoli aug 2nd 2006 in Bogen Germany Successfully ProDisc-L L-4 L-5