View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 07:10 AM

Thumbs up went ice skating this eve

hi there, i have to tell you all this has been an incredible ride so far!
a lil over 7 yrs post op for 2 lumbar prodiscs.we have a local saltwater pool that becomes an ice skating rink from Thanksgiving to Christmas, it's located in redondo beach right at King Harbor and on the pacific ocean. and tonight the wind was blowing they said gusts were at 35mph, and cold,along with my nephews and a neice i put on my rented ice skates and on the ice we went, i was on the ice for about 20mins before i took a fall, and a good one, but i got up and brushed myself off, made sure i was intact, one of the young staff members skated over with my glasses-hahaha, my ego slightly bruised i continued to skate about 40mins in all. Wow, i can do this, i sometimes have to pinch myself to see if it's real, no pain, no meds, hardly any limitations, this is sooooo cooool!
I had plenty of doubts i'd ever be doing 1/2 the things i've done with these
new discs & i'd sign up for it again in a heartbeat, i owe my success to the skilled hands of my surgeon, a lil luck, and a lot of help from above!
After a botched spinal tap where my L4/L5 disc exploded i underwent a laminectomy in 1979, and ran from spinal surgery ever since, then in 2002 i met DrDelamarter in Santa Monica- and my life as i knew it changed dramatically, I consider myself the "ProdiscPosterBoy" I am in the US Trials and one of the first in California to recieve 2 Lumbar Prodiscs, nomorepain-nomoremeds