Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Community Support - NSR
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Support - NSR Discuss went ice skating this eve in the Main forums forums; hi there, i have to tell you all this has been an incredible ride so far! a lil over 7 ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2009, 07:10 AM

Thumbs up went ice skating this eve

hi there, i have to tell you all this has been an incredible ride so far!
a lil over 7 yrs post op for 2 lumbar prodiscs.we have a local saltwater pool that becomes an ice skating rink from Thanksgiving to Christmas, it's located in redondo beach right at King Harbor and on the pacific ocean. and tonight the wind was blowing they said gusts were at 35mph, and cold,along with my nephews and a neice i put on my rented ice skates and on the ice we went, i was on the ice for about 20mins before i took a fall, and a good one, but i got up and brushed myself off, made sure i was intact, one of the young staff members skated over with my glasses-hahaha, my ego slightly bruised i continued to skate about 40mins in all. Wow, i can do this, i sometimes have to pinch myself to see if it's real, no pain, no meds, hardly any limitations, this is sooooo cooool!
I had plenty of doubts i'd ever be doing 1/2 the things i've done with these
new discs & i'd sign up for it again in a heartbeat, i owe my success to the skilled hands of my surgeon, a lil luck, and a lot of help from above!
After a botched spinal tap where my L4/L5 disc exploded i underwent a laminectomy in 1979, and ran from spinal surgery ever since, then in 2002 i met DrDelamarter in Santa Monica- and my life as i knew it changed dramatically, I consider myself the "ProdiscPosterBoy" I am in the US Trials and one of the first in California to recieve 2 Lumbar Prodiscs, nomorepain-nomoremeds
Old 11-28-2009, 03:15 PM

And a very merry Christmas to all -your posts reads like 'and he lived happily ever after'.

I'm only 4 years out, have quite a bit of limitation but I still got my life back. Thanksgiving dinner was just a dream 5 years ago...

I hope your good fortune continues until 'ever after'. Happy holidays -

Dale
Old 12-05-2009, 12:37 AM
Administrator

Gary,

It's always nice to reach your good news. Maybe we can have a get together next month. It be great to round up all local spineys for another meet and greet. Talk to you soon... all the best...

Mark click post

Edit to add... still using Windows 7 speech to text...
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org