View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 01:11 AM

Default 2 months post op

I haven't been on in awhie. It's now two months post op and I'm feeling quite good. It seems every two weeks things change. I feel like my surgical pain is really diminishing. I am now walking up to and hour and a half and yes I'm exhausted afterward.

For the first time in 14 years I can sleep on my side. The problem of the chemically sensitive disc and the terrible nerve pain is completelly gone. I'd say my pain for the last three weeks has not gone above 4 or 5 at it's worst. The big thing is when I overdo (not that I'm doing much of that) I'm not knocked in bed for weeks. I lost quit a bit of weight after surgery at first but then felt I needed to eat more for recovery. Now I feel like I need to lose some again.

I'm finally allowing myself to dream a little and have some hope for the future. I didn't think I'd be doing this well with so little time but also I have to remind myself that I could mess it all up if I'm not careful.

I'm feeling a little lost as to what my new life might be and not sure when to believe this thing may have actually worked. After so much pain and disappointment it's hard to let myself dream but it do it here and there.

For anyone else who has what I did...the chemically sensitive disc, I would really give them thumbs up on doing the surgery I waited over 13 years to do. My first doctor follow up showed I was fusing fine. I'll write more as I go on this journey.

Dancing accident in 96. tried PT, acupuncture, pilates, pain mgmt. nothing worked. Epidurals, facet blocks, caudal blocks, discogram. Opiates for ten years, oral prednisone, toradol inj. & more.

Two level spinal fusion with BMS, cages, hardware. due to bone density problems from chemotherapy, they had to go in front and back. Surgery Nov. 6, 2010. So far no regrets.