View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 10:14 PM

Default ADR Surgery today

Just thought I would share my experience today. This morning (Wed.,6:45am) I had my 3rd ADR installed. I currently have a fusion at C6/7 (2/2002), (2) M6 at C4/C5, C5/C6 (5/2009 Stenum) and now a Prestige ST at C3/C4 (today 12/30/2009).

The surgery was outpatient with the same Dr. who did my 2002 fusion. The surgery itself was about 1 1/2 hours and I woke up about 9:15am and was home by 10:0am. I slept for about 6 hours since I've been home.

I feel pretty good just a bit cloudy. But I would imagine the Oxy 15mg I took is keeping any discomfort at bay. I have no nerve or muscle spasm at this moment. I hope it stays that way. Currently enjoying a chocoalte milk shake.

I am praying I get the same results from my fusion in 2002. I felt great after that surgery and never had a post op issues. But time will tell. Surprisingly I do not have a soar thought. I thought that up at C3/4 I would have. I did when I had C4/5, C5/6.

The Dr. told my wife everything went well. The disk was hernated into my spinal cord and the membrane was torn (I'll have to get clarification on that). He also said he did a thorough decompression in the foramen. And mentioned the alignment and placement was perfect.

I was a guinee pig I guess. This was my Dr's. first cervical ADR he performed. He had done lumbar but as with most surgeons in the states experience is hard to come by because insurance companies are not covering this procedure. The reason I went to him is based on my 2002 fusion. My first hand experience is that he is a wonderful, caring, and meticulous surgeon. He also helped out with all the costs. I feel I am very fortunate to have him and he is working with me regardless of going out of the country for my previous surgery.

Now we just see over the next 8 weeks if my Stenum ADR levels are OK. I have stenosis at formen's at each of the levels (C4/5, C5/C6). I'm praying they are pain free.

I am hoping 2010 is a bright year for me.