View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 06:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to Eddie G

I have a note from my doctor that I bring with me to public events where I need to sit with my exercise ball. It's surprising how many event staff security guards who just dont get it. I walk in with a cane and a ball and they always seem to have to call a supervisor.

"Duhh ...dis is different...duhh...dis is not the same ding... duh...U have to sit in a chair like everyone else duhh...dis is not what Im used to duhh"

"But sir, I have had multiple spine surgeries. I cant sit in your uncomfortable plastic chairs. Here is a note from my doctor"

"Duhh, I gotta show dis note to my boss duhh...We dont see too many of u invalids. If U throw that ball we are gonna throw u outta here."

"Yeah sure, I went through all this trouble with a cane, a ball, a doctors note, and a wheelchair accessible seat, just so I can throw my $25 exercise ball away into the crowd and get kicked out."

Man I have even been to a broadway show where it took them 20 minutes to figure out that I actually bought a wheelchair seat for a reason. They were trying to squeeze me into the middle of a row and expected me to sit on a ball, on top of a chair! The wheelchair seat I bought was empty & available and they just couldnt understand that I wanted to sit where there was no seat to sit on. They finally got me to my seat but it was like pulling teeth. I had to tell my life story to each different usher.
I NEED A WHEELCHAIR SEAT BECAUSE I BRING MY OWN SITTING DEVICE!!! WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND? Gosh!

I think those massage chairs that you see at the mall where people kind of kneel, look real comfortable. I may get one. Until then, remember that diners have counters and alot of restaurants have bars. Just stand at the bar & eat dinner. I've been doing it for 6 years.
Epidurals and facet injections
5/15/06 Discogram confirmed L4-L5 DDD also an asymptomatic L5-S1 tear
10/24/06 L4-L5 Prodisc surgery with Dr. Goldstein
CAT scans & X-Rays show ossification
Trigger Point Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Acupuncture, Weekly Deep Tissue Massage
10/27/08 Discogram (positive L5-S1)
11/25/08 L5-S1 fusion with Dr. Goldstein
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC