View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 02:09 AM

Katherine,

Just had a surgery myself and promised myself I would stay off the forum for awhile but I too had legs on fire. This is nerve pain. I was taking 2700 mg of Neurontin daily, (switched to Lyrica, supposedly less side effects) for two years. My ankle and foot still bother me. The big difference is my pain began right after surgery and yours began after four months. My nerve damage was caused during surgery thus the immediate pain. Why yours started after four months IMHO, I think needs investigation. If you don't already have a pain management doctor, find one and like all doctors, some are better than others. Perhaps this is some kind of delayed reaction??? but you should find out for sure. I doubt you caused it. FYI, I should probably still be on either N or L but choose to live with the now very controllable pain. This is a personal choice.

Jamie, this is quite different from sitting difficulties which I don't think relates to nerve pain but comes from, among other things, the tailbone pushing up on the spine. For the time being, until you either have revision surgery or ???, you might try using something called a Tush Cush, a pillow with the tailbone section cut out, available at Relax the Back stores. Others have them but their quality is the best and they're not terribly expensive. While sitting, it takes some of the pressure off your tailbone.

Also tried wellbutrin and reacted quite badly. Caused permanant tinnitis, a lesser side effect.

Good luck, Dale