View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 04:20 PM

Fuzzy,

"How do I feel?" That's a difficult question to answer, but seeing you asked.

I have handled my latest surgery (last week 12/30) pretty well so far. I've been at my desk working since Monday about 1/2 days. Don't want to get to optimistic, you never know when things will change.

As for pain, I am dealing with myelopathy issues which are attributed to my C3/C4 spinal cord compression. Also I may have overlapping symptoms from my C5/C6 Foramen, right side (Stenum ADR). So I have to wait and see what clears and what I am left with. The most difficult to deal with is a burning feeling in my right arm. I'm hoping things clear up so I have a better picture. As you know, with Spinal cord compression there are no guarantee's that things will get better.

From the emotional side, I am very upset. My C3/C4 spinal cord compression should have been dealt with back when I had my C4/C5, C5/C6 ADR's. Because it wasn't myelopathy got worse. I may be stuck with this for the rest of my life. I thought I did all the right things and trusted the best Dr.'s, but I made big assumptions and mistakes. So my fault.

The best decision....as you said "being brave and going to a surgeon doing his first ADR". I knew in my heart my Dr. was meticulous, caring, and patient. He was concerned for his patients and their outcomes. I just didn't follow my instincts early on. I bought into the whole "experience ADR" idea, that was a mistake. I would be so much better off physically and emotionally if I just went to him first.

Thanks for asking I had to get this off my chest.