View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 09:32 PM

My first discogram was here in the state, under anesthesia. Four levels were tested, all with positive results. However, upon awakening, I was screaming out in pain, so much so that I was again put under. Knowing what I know now, this should have nullified the results but no, but Dr. Del.. and Dr. R considered this as gospel.

Dr. B insisted on doing his own test without anesthesia, much to my dislike, which very positively identified the fourth level as a non pain generator.

I don't even know the name of the doctor who performed the first test but based on the second one, his skill is/was wanting.

When I first heard about new technology, I also saw Dr. Dillan from the Kerlan-Jobe clinic. He saw me for all of 2 minutes, if that long, (after a 3+ hour wait because he had a migrain) before ordering a discogram and nerve test. We hadn't discussed surgery or any other treatment. His migrain gave me other aches and I never went back but should he have known that a discogram could have caused further harm? Could he have caused an emergency situation?