Thread: My spine today
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 04:43 PM

Default no ...

Actually what happened is in the beginning of my visit to Dad's I was cleaning alot and my back needed bedrest. There are activities that really whip it into a high frenzy.

I've actually noticed that I have less pain in general. It didn't really have to do with being somewhere or the mind being overtaken because even in the beginning like the first night at the ER my back hurt plenty the 5 hours I was there. Also during the stay in the hospital the nurses brought me a slide out chair so I could sort of lie by my father's bed. I didn't use it that much but it was great when I needed a rest or to be off my feet.

My back is just better because of the L5S1 autofusion is my observation. Not perfect by any means because L4 is still bulging tho it just seems that there has been some stabilization of that lower segment that has helped me out quite a bit. I don't mean I can do without the pain meds or the gabapentin altho I do mean that these drugs hold me at bay very well re pain control most of the time.

It used to be that it didn't matter if my mind was occupied with whatever the pain still broke thru and it was a pain that is very distinct that has really sort of eased off. Again~ it can be brought on with various activities yet it's just not always present now and sitting is easier too tho not not for long periods.

Last edited by Maria; 02-02-2010 at 04:49 PM.