View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbalkema View Post
Ok,

So I wanted to give an update on my surgery. I had my 2 week post-op today. I am so excited! Everything is going very well. The only 2 issues I am having is the Muscle spasms are pretty intense and I am having a little issue with my bladder and urinating. I think it may be due to having a catheter put in at the hospital. So, I am being referred to a Urologist for further study....

Other than that, I have no more pain in my leg nor in my lower back! I still have restrictions with lifting, but the brace can come off and I can start resuming normal "daily activities."

Dr. Guyer prescribed more Zanaflex for the muscle spasms and Physical Therapy for spine stabilization. And then referring me to a Urologist for the bladder issue.

As of right now, this is by far one of the best decisions I have ever made. I was a little nervous getting something that really hadn't been studied in the US, but OMG, I feel 100% better than what I was feeling before the surgery!

The Freedom Lumbar Disc Rocks!

Dan
Hello!
Thank you so much for posting your story! I'm having surgery in the Axiomed trial this Monday and was searching for a little more positivity... it is a bit daunting! So I'll make sure I leave with muscle relaxers as well as pain killers! Would REALLY love to hear from you, if you get this message, about what life is like now... I have a wonderful doctor and participating at Cedars Sinai here in Los Angeles, so I feel that I was blessed by running into this situation.
I'm an athlete and avid horse rider, and my doc is saying he's gotten many athletes back into their sports of choice. He too is saying a short recovery time, but I'm imagining 3 months of being on the safe side.
So all you Freedom Disc folks, please email me asap! And please send sunny positive thoughts to me Monday morning... I'm ready to be pain free and get my capabilities back. Oh yeah!
FPL310
neophyte310@mac.com