View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 06:51 PM

Hi Greg and welcome to the forum,

First let me say, we understand. We've walked in your shoes. Then let me tell you that everyone is different. Judging by the suggestion of fusing all the way to L2 suggests to me that your doctor isn't quite sure exactly from where your pain in coming. This also sounds quite drastic for levels that may not be involved, etc. Your ADR may or may not be causing the pain if there are other discs involved which the MRI should have revealed - loss of disc height and such. You also have issues in both your thorasic and cervical spines.

Choosing your doctors carefully is the best decision you can possibly make for your spine. IMHO you need the absolute best diagnotician available and that is Dr. Baumbach in Germany. He could hopefully pinpoint which discs are causing your pain and which should be left alone. If you can afford the trip at all, this should be your very first step in resolving your current pain.

Please contact Mark at GPN Artificial Disc Replacement ADR to see if he can set this up for you or give you more suggestions on how to proceed.

Fusing all those levels will change your life and should not be considered unless as a last resort. You are not there yet.

Greg, I'm so sorry for all your suffering. No one should have to live their lives in such pain and perhaps you don't have to. Please contact Mark, he too has been there, done that. I wish you every ounce of luck and hope you are able to find your solution,

Dale