View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 12:06 AM

Can't say about fusion but I had almost no nerve pain prior to my 3 level ADR but severe nerve pain after. My legs became hyper sensative and I couldn't move them. Neurontin took care of the moving in just days but I needed crutches for 5 months and Dilaudid for 6 months. All the while I was maxxed out with Neurontin too. Then the pain began to subside and I decreased my meds until now, 4 1/2 years post op I only take anti-inflamms and either muscle relaxers and/or Norco for any pain when I overdo. My foot an ankle still burn but most often, I don't notice it anymore.

I know you're scared. I thought I'd be on crutches for the rest of my life but I walk just fine. I thought the acute pain in my legs would last forever, but it began to lessen after 6 months. I still have problems and you might too but the anger your nerves feel right now, should ease up as they calm down. Try resting in a zero gravity position which will take pressure off your muscles which will allow your nerves slowly ease tension. Just a suggestion.

Dale