View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 05:49 PM

Nerves heal slowly and yes, sometimes not at all but one month out is so early in the nerve department. I am 4 1/2 years out and still see improvment.

It took me 5 months before I could walk without crutches and 6 months before I could give up narcotics. It took a year before I could walk 1 block without my leg giving out. It took 2 years before my life was 'back' and I still have daily, albeit doable, pain. I took Neurontin for 2 years.

Just a few nights ago, I noticed my foot wasn't burning which coincided with a couple of down days but a first.

So while I understand your fears of the possibility of a lifetime of pain, 1 month is not a very practical guide. The B vitamins are supposedly helpful with the nerve healing process but I'm sorry to report that in all probability, you'll have to wait. However, this doesn't mean you should live with pain. Take Neurontin or Lyrica - take whatever helps with the pain. Stay as comfortable as you can.

Unfortunately our minds are very dark. Instead of waiting and seeing, they immediately take us to 'OMG'. I can't assure you your nerve pain will subside with time but experience and reading other's posts have told me time is your friend and your fear is a waste of your energies. Easy to say for me, hard to do for you.

If you want to talk, pm me with your phone number or I'll give you mine. Hearing a pain-free voice might help.

Sending you worry free vibes, Dale