Thread: Update/Question
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 02:25 AM

Default Update

No Maria, havent gone yet but things have gotten bad enough that I am going to find a doctor here ASAP to see what the hell is going on. Im ready for new x rays to see how the thoracic looks. My T2 and T3 are so extremely sore and bruised, its like someone punched me in the spine. SOmetimes I wince at just the touch of the bone at that location. As I recall, my T spine looked very healthy previously, so I dont know how it could be adjacent level degeneration so fast . Ive done a ton of research lately and everything Ive read is that adjacent level degeneration only happens in 1 of 5 cases and usually takes 10 years to occur. Most doctors seem to say they dont really think it has a significant impact as its more likely a continuation of the degenerative disease process. Im only 6 months out, how in the hell can my T spine be killing me like this! I have occasional forearm and hand burning on top of all this. I also have alot of nausea due to the new nerve pain. Im back on pain pills like I used to be. WTF? I cant believe all this. I was PAIN FREE for 4 months, and Im successfully fully fused, I should not be having such bad new pain again. This S*&% is getting old and PISSING me off. Am I just going to have a cascaded back syndrome and have to be fully fused like a washboard witin a few years? Dam it! ANyways, thanks for letting me vent.

9/22/09 -Dr B opened me up to find a staph infection was eating my vertebrae causing ADR subsidence. Had to remove all 3 ADR's and convert to 3 level fusion. Mostly pain free 2 weeks post op.

9/20/10 - I think I jinxed myself. As soon as I told dr b and dr Sullivan I was doing well (on 6/1/10) I tanked and have experienced the return of pain. My neuro says the new pain is at t4.