Thread: What-If's
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 12:37 AM

Hi E and welcome to the forum,

Your life has been taken away from you and you want it back. We understand.

There's so much to say to you but it basically comes down to your willing to risk a surgery, any surgery. Though we all wish for the whole package, most surgeries, even if successful, carry some kind of forever burden and there are also those that have every reason to be successful but are not. Let me also tell you that most of the forever burdens are still far better than the life you now have.

There are pretty accomplished doctors in the U.S. but as a cash patient, going to Germany will be far less and the best two doctors are both there. I'd recommend Dr. Zeegers and Dr. Bertagnoli. And the single most important decision after deciding on surgery - is your surgeon. Then discuss with whoever you've chosen what type of surgery and product to be used. Once you've made the decision to move forward and chosen the doctor for you, the rest will fall into place.

A huge plus - but no one can say for how long - is the very favorable exchange rate right now. As of last week, the Euro fell to under $1 U.S., currently about $.82. If you act fast enough, you could pay only 80% of the cost. Of course, we can never know how low it will go or when it will come back up to it's usual of $1.20-1.40. However, even at the higher rate, it's still about 1/2 the cost of here and the care you receive is so much better.

E, I wish you a lot of luck. I went through exactly what you're going through right now. I was scared and directionless but that was 5 years ago. Yes, no surgery comes with guarantees but the alternative is living your life as it is.

If you want to talk, please pm me with your phone number.

Dale