View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 05:29 AM

Default Wow!

I love your story as far as the pain and neuropathy going away on its own. This offers me and others hope that such things are not always permanent. Interesting about neurontin. We all know its primarily a anti convulsant drug. Ive been on it well before my back problems started as I take it for mood stabilization for my bipolar 2 diagnosis. Neurontin is a miracle/wonder drug for me as it was the only drug of many I tried that was 100% effective in treating my severe agitated depressive states. Just this week my physiatrist recommended neurontin for my new T1 or T2 pain(we suspect adjacent level degeneration only 1 year after my 3 level fusion (sigh), had CT scan w/ contrast yesterday to see). ANyways, so, I will try to up the neurontin for this additional purpose. Ive had no side effects ever from neurontin (max 1200 mgs)and it makes me feel really relaxed and calm. I love it. So, its good for me in that I can take it for both my bipolar and now for my neuropathy also. Kind of nice to knock out two birdies with one stone. Question is, will it work for my nerve pain. I feel my pain is more nerve than physical. I even get nauseated from it and I feel weird sensations below my waist. To me that's nerve pain.

9/22/09 -Dr B opened me up to find a staph infection was eating my vertebrae causing ADR subsidence. Had to remove all 3 ADR's and convert to 3 level fusion. Mostly pain free 2 weeks post op.

9/20/10 - I think I jinxed myself. As soon as I told dr b and dr Sullivan I was doing well (on 6/1/10) I tanked and have experienced the return of pain. My neuro says the new pain is at t4.